Location & Activities
Ideally located in the heart of the hinterland between Cannes and Grasse Vence, Bar sur Loup is near the most beautiful villages and the main attractions of the French Riviera.
The village is easily accessible from Nice or Cannes, nature lovers you can easily travel around the region between sea and mountain to many activities or simply to rest.
- Golf courses (between 8 and 15 minutes): Opio, Valbonne, Grasse Country Mougins
– Tennis Clubs: less than 10 minutes
– Horse Riding: less than 20 minutes
– Hang gliding: the Hang Gliding and Paragliding Club Village is internationally recognized as the winds allow outputs everyday of the year.
– Karting: in the commune has two circuits, one for amateurs and one for professionals.
– Swimming in the Loup (through the village), but also canyoning descents with experienced teachers.
– Several trails from the village center, the back country is renowned for its incredible variety of landscapes and walks.
With nearly a hundred museums, a Riviera has all the museum the largest in France after Paris.
Close to Bar sur Loup include the Maegt foundation in Saint-Paul de Vence (20 minutes), the Matisse chapel in Vence (30 minutes), the Internationnal Perfum Museum in Grasse, the area of Concrete Art in Mouans-Sartoux, the Picasso Museum in Antibes, the Fernand Léger museum in Biot, the Marc Chagall museum in Nice. Glassmakers and ceramic Biot and Vallauris also worth a visit.
Many regional festivals are taking place like a large pottery market in Vence, the Feast of the Rose in Grasse, the Feast of the Orange within the village.
The region is also rich in musical events. Many towns are holding different kind of festivals giving you the opportunity to hear artists of international reputation.
- The Jazz Festival in Juan les Pins
– The traditional festival of Menton and Antibes
– Les Nuits du Sud in Vence
Many markets allow you to discover and taste the local quality products (Valbonne, Grasse, Antibes …).